As a growing enterprise Westmoreland Health Group is looking for candidates who match our passion and mission.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations, or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes)
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars
- Proven experience as a physician
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms and epidemiology
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects, and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) and valid license to practice the profession
- We are looking for full-time, 32-36 hours.
- Part-time, 12-31 hours.
- Well-Practice. Business hours 8-6 M-Th and 8-1 Friday.
- No nights, on call or weekends.
We are looking for Registered Nurses to care for our patients and facilitate their speedy recovery. You will be responsible for educating them and their families on prevention and healthy habits. The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well-trained professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. You will be compassionate and cool-tempered. You will be able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently. The goal is to promote patient’s well-being by providing high quality nursing care.
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Observe and interpret patient’s symptoms and communicate them to physicians
- Collaborate with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, administering injections etc.) and fill in patients’ charts
- Adjust and administer patient’s medication and provide treatments according to physician’s orders
- Inspect the facilities and act to maintain excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds etc.)
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies
- Assist surgeons during operations
- Supervise and train LPNs and nursing assistants
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Expand knowledge and capabilities by attending educational workshops, conferences etc.
- Proven experience as a registered nurse
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills
- BSc or other diploma from a nursing program
- Valid nursing license
Job type: Full-time, part-time
Hourly rate: 12-16 depending on experience
Number of hires: 10-12
Schedule: 32-26 hours (FT), 12-31 (PT), Business hours 8-6 M-Th and 8-1 Friday. No nights, on call or weekends.
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, 401(k), Vision insurance, Flexible schedule, Employee discount
Supplemental Pay: bonus pay and other
Locations: Bariatrics Works facilities in Pittsburgh area, including North Hills, West Hills, Mt Lebanon, Pittsburgh, Monroeville, Cranberry, Alle-Kiski, Johnstow
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications, etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing, etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas, etc., clean and dress wounds, and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort, and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must